In all honesty, health is wealth. And you can’t have that wealthiness if you don’t painstakingly look after your health. In a world where we overwork ourselves with the hustles and hassles of making a living for ourselves, thereby getting little or no rest at all_ it’s important that we take out time to consciously care for ourselves, and our health.
On this bit, we take a look at how to manage your blood pressure yourself without necessarily meeting with a doctor. In truth, a lot of people are Nosocomephobia, hence the sight of drugs or hospitals sends in the wrong messages to the cranium. However, managing your blood pressure (BP) yourself would save you the stress of going to the hospital let alone seeing a doctor.
Below are ways you could check your blood pressure yourself in the comfort of your home.
1. Get yourself a digital blood pressure monitor: These days, some of these smart watches can help check up your blood pressure and heart rate. But if you don’t have one, you can simply get a digital blood pressure monitoring machine to use at home.
2. To check the blood pressure manually, sit in a relaxed position with the arm at rest on a table. Secure the cuff on the bicep and press the start button on the machine. It starts working and lossen up once it’s done. Thereafter you can go ahead to check the result on the machine screen.
3. Ensure you’re at peace with yourself and well eased before checking your blood pressure. Be sure you’re not pressed or uncomfortable, else the results might be overboard and that won’t be good. Preferably, the test can be carried out early in the morning before getting out of bed.
4. Often times, the first trial isn’t usually absolutely correct as a result of fear and other relative factors. So you could try it out one more time or even twice to see what the results looks like.
5. The normal blood pressure is usually considered to be between 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg.