Nigerians in their numbers are rooting for Hilda Baci who is attempting to beat the world record of longest cooking time.
Currently recording over 70hours of cooking, Hilda Baci is attempting to beat the world record for the longest time to cook, which is 87 hours, 45 minutes set by Chef Lata London in Rewa, India in 2019.
In order to achieve this, she must adhere to certain criteria:
1. She must stand while cooking and is not permitted to sit.
2. She is not allowed to consume coffee, stimulants, or any energy drinks to artificially boost her energy and bodily strength. However, she is permitted to eat food, drink water or fruit juice, and take glucose to sustain her energy levels.
3. She must cook round the clock without any sleep for four consecutive nights. During this time, she is entitled to only five minutes of rest or break every hour, which amounts to an hour break in every 12 hours. Additionally, she is allowed a 30-minute break every 6 hours, during which she can rest, use the restroom, and receive medical assessments from the medical team available on-site.
4. All the food she prepares is shared with the people at the venue for free, and she is not permitted to sell any of it.
5. She has the freedom to cook any meal she likes, and there are no restrictions on what she can or cannot cook. The World Record title is solely based on her ability to cook within a specified timeframe, regardless of what she cooks. All the meals she cooks and serves are recorded for official purposes.