The need to have a work-life balance cannot be overphasised. The reason most people or professionals so to say suffer breakdowns, burnouts, and lack of interest in most social things is because they’ve not mastered how to marry their work and social life altogether.
However, in this piece I’ll be sharing a few tips on how to curate a healthy balance between your work and your life outside of work.
1. Don’t try to do everything: You’re not jack of trades who’s necessarily master of none_ you are definitely very adept at something and that’s probably why that firm employed you in the first place. So don’t be everywhere, just stick to your job description and do it effectively.
2. Understand your forte: The knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses in your work sphere will really help you in balancing your work and life asides work.
3. Manage your time effectively: Time management is very important in this space, and the ability to plot it right will mean doing right by yourself. Set aside your work time from other things, and try hard not to let it affect or bite into other parts of your life.
4. Know who you work for: This is especially for those who work in private enterprises. There is this believe that most private companies only know to use their employees as they do desire, and perhaps it’s why the saying “love your job but do not love the company” because you never know even that company stops loving you. In any case, just know who you work for, and know when to stop.
5. Intentionally carve out time for fun: This is quite important. Life is too short and the least you can do is enjoy yourself. Have fun with your folks and do not let work stop you from achieving that.