Yay! It’s Thursday! and you know what that means—it’s throwback time.
Remember those songs that seemed to be everywhere, no matter where you went or who you were with? In Nigerian music, some tracks became more than just songs—they became evergreen memories.
Let’s do a throwback to five songs that were huge hits:
1. Gongo Aso by 9ice was huge! Everyone, young and old, was jamming to it. It got so big that 9ice even named his next album after it. That’s how much of an impact it had.
2. Yahooze by Olu Maintain’s. That song was the life of every party back in 2007. Even if you didn’t know exactly what it was about, you couldn’t help but dance and sing along. It was a whole mood.
3. DoMe. P-Square was also ruling the scene with their album “Game Over.” Every track was a hit, but “Do Me” stood out. The music video was a game-changer, showing us what top-notch Nigerian music videos could look like.
4. Styl Plus’s “Olufunmi” was that emotional song that made you feel things, even if you didn’t want to admit it. It was all about love and heartache, and we couldn’t help but belt it out whenever it played.
5. And who could forget Lagbaja’s “Konko Below”? That track was a mix of traditional and modern sounds that made everyone want to dance. Lagbaja had a way of getting us moving without even showing his face!